Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Replacing Toshiba Notebook Hard Drive I Have To Replace My Laptop Hard Drive. It Has ATA 2/3/4/5 Interface. What Can I Replace It With?

I have to replace my laptop hard drive. It has ATA 2/3/4/5 interface. What can I replace it with? - replacing toshiba notebook hard drive

I have a TravelMate 290 series with Intel ® Centrino ®. The current disc is a Toshiba MK4021GAS drive is listed as an ATA interface 2/3/4/5. Can I replace it with a SATA interface instead of unity? Also someone could explain what the difference would be on a laptop / notebook between the two units? Thank you.

2 comments:

dze said...

ATA is or what they need ... SATA does not work ... One of these should work well
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis ...

.

JaxPlane... said...

This is the short version of the coarse and serial (SATA) and parallel (PATA). In some cases, data sent in a single stream (serial) connection is faster than sending data in parallel streams. Since the data in parallel requires a clock to manage the supply and simultaneously receive data streams. This calculation can reduce the efficiency of fuel is up to the point that sending a single sequence would be faster. Desktops and laptops are generally switch to SATA. The debate is still on network servers and disk arrays. In the case of my Dell D600 laptop last update (PATA) for D620 (SATA) of my test shows that my file transfers has doubled. Some can be a powerful processor and RAM bus attributed to the D620, but there is no doubt that SATA is the biggest improvement.
Here is the problem for all notebook users. The driver of the device is connected to the CPU socket and memory fairly static, with the purchase of a laptop. A movable frame is a motherboard. Yes, you can find adapters for connecting SATA drivesPATA controller, but two problems. You will have no problems filling in your laptop, if possible. Secondly, data transfer only SATA faster than PATA controller. lowest (combination of theory)
If little improvement in the laptop, I suggest you spend more than RPM hard drive and faster access times. Your Toshiba 4200RPM and with 7200 units available. I bought a box of my USB hard drive old notebook and use it to transfer files between computers. (Example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as ...
Good luck with your upgrade!

Post a Comment